No one could ever defy fate, destiny and luck. But still, we all keep trying to use our whims and charms and other super-powers to achieve our dreams and goals.
The Bollywood stars are no exception. They are no different than the ordinary man when it comes to lucky charms and superstitions. You can spot B-towns celebrities going to temples, dargahs etc to pray and ensure that their movies are blockbusters. The tinsel-ville stars have even started to change the alphabets of of their name just for a stroke of superstitious luck.
For example, Katrina Kaif always visits Ajmer Sharif Dargah before the release of her films. Superstar Ajay Devgan has removed the “A” from his surname and now goes by Devgn only. Ritesh Deshmukh, on the other hand has added “I” to his first name making it Riteish.
So here, we bring to you the famous B-town celebs and their superstitions:
- Shahrukh Khan – Shahrukh believes that the number 555 brings him luck. The number plate of every car he owns has 555 on it and even on the poster of Chennai Express, the bike he is riding has 555 on its number plate.
- Salman Khan– Salman always wears a turquoise stone bracelet on and off the screen. He considers it to be his lucky charm and his father, Salim Khan also wears a similar bracelet.
- Aamir Khan– Aamir Khan considers Christmas to be an auspicious time to release his movies. Ghajini, 3 Idiots, Taare Zameen Par all released during the festival
- Amitabh Bachchan-After the debacle of Amitabh Bachchan Corporation Limited (ABCL), the Shahenshah of Bollywood was on the verge of Bankruptcy. After consulting an astrologer he started wearing a blue sapphire ring and soon after he was given the chance to host the mega hit show Kaun Banega
- Ranbir Kapoor-Ranbir has an obsession with number 8 which apparently stems from the fact that his mother’s birthday is on July 8. Even the number plate of his cars is has the number on them.
- Shilpa Shetty-The 38 year old actress says that whenever her team the Rajasthan Royals are playing she wears two watches. She added that when the opposition team is batting she crosses her legs and when her team is batting she keeps them separated.
- Hrithik Roshan– He considers his extra finger as a lucky charm and said he would never opt for a surgery to remove his extra thumb.
Well, for some stars it has brought good luck as in the case of Ajay Devgn who has given his biggest hits post his name change and for some like Vivek Oberoi, well let’s just say it hasn’t quite worked out.
As they say, to each his own!